MAKE THE RIGHT CALL
It can be difficult to find health and social services that are available in your community. We are working towards a system that will allow you to access 24/7 health and social services support.
Listed below are the currently available services in the Middlesex London region.
Access non-emergency community & social services and government supports in your area.
Connects you to a qualified health professional who can provide health advice and information.
Dial 911 in an emergency when you need immediate help from police, fire or ambulance services.
24/7 support for suicide crisis. Call or text 9-8-8. Bilingual, trauma-informed, culturally appropriate. Available across Canada.
ConnexOntario is a free confidential navigation and information service to access Ministry of Health-funded mental health, addictions, and problem gambling services.
thehealthline.ca is a tool to help people in Ontario find the regional health and social services they need. The focus is on health care services that are integral to Ontario’s public health care system and help facilitate community care.
The Ontario Caregiver Organization (OCO) exists to support caregivers by being their one point of access to information, so they have what they need to be successful in their role.
Contact the Ontario Caregiver Helpline for 24/7 support 1-833-416-2273.
If you are a primary care practitioner or a member of a primary care team, you can call the Home and Community Care Support Services Primary Care Hotline and speak with a Care Coordinator to assist you with navigating your patients’ home and community care needs.
Self-Management Programs Network
Self-Management Programs Network is designed to provide you with the workshops and skills to help you confidently manage your health condition and improve your quality of life, and how to support someone you care about with their health condition. Healthcare Providers also have access to workshops that promote working in partnership with patients and caregivers. Programming is free and available for anyone 18 years and older in Southwestern Ontario.
Ontario Health West – Virtual Urgent care (Regional Program)
What is Virtual Urgent Care (VUC)?
- VUC is a virtual, same day/ next day, appointment with a Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician.
- People – both children and adults – in the West Region may need timely access to non-emergent care that is appropriate for a virtual visit.
- Basic diagnostic tests may be ordered, prescriptions given, and further referrals made.
- One time virtual or in-person follow-up will be done, if required.
- Care will be escalated, if necessary.
- Documentation will be provided to the patient’s primary care provider.
How to Access:
- Patients book their appointments through www.urgentcareontario.ca.
- Pediatric Hub: Care for children is provided by the Children’s Hospital at London Health Sciences Centre (LHSC), 1300-1700 hrs. Mon-Fri.
- Adult Hub: Care for adults is provided by St. Joseph’s Hospital Hamilton (SJHH) 1300-2100, 7 days/week.